Mental Models: How To Be Treated Like a Princess
I thought about writing this post before and after reading Treating Girls Like a Dick, I knew I had to for us girls….so here goes. The key to getting anyone, let alone men, to treat you like a princess is your own mental model. A mental model is your view of the world and how you act according to this view; as wikipedia states, “It is a kind of internal symbol or representation of external reality,” Let’s break this down further with an example. Your vision seems crystal clear until you go to the optometrist and you are given a prescription for glasses. Once you put on the glasses you see the world in a whole new light. Every girl has a mental model of what kind of men they think they “deserve.” And here’s the hard part, you have to adjust your mental model if it doesn’t fit with someone treating you like a princess. So how do you do it?
- Don’t give any attention to assholes
By giving them attention it gives them an incentive to keep up the behavior. If you move on right away, it tells them they don’t fit your mental model and agenda of what you want for yourself.
- Reward the behavior that you deserve
When I say reward I don’t mean “throw him a treat.” He’s not a dog. I mean give him attention and give him the same type of courtesy in return.
Ok so that’s the basics, but how do you spot nice guys? Well that’s easy.
1. Anyone that treats him mom and/or sisters nicely will do the same for you. So if he talks to his mom on a regular basis and does so for the sake of keeping in contact and not asking for money this is a clear indicator.
2. Birds of a feather flock together. If you know one nice guy, but he doesn’t do it for you, look to his friends and acquaintances. One group you’ve probably over looked through the years are the nerds. For the same reason that you can’t get away from assholes (mental model) nerds think anyone that talks to them is good enough for them.
3. How he treats his ex. Does he have good relationships with his exes? They shouldn’t be best friends, that’s an indicator he’s not over her. Instead he shouldn’t have any hard feelings towards her and should be friendly if he does see her.
Once you’ve mastered the above, your conversations might go like one I’ve had in the past.
guy: Hi I’m so and so, what’s your name?
me: Well my daddy calls me princess.
What a response that gets…great conversation starter. Remember lesson of the day: don’t be afraid to demand what you deserve.